Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too Much Info!

Oh My. I am on the search for several things for my camera and I AM LOST!! I determined after checking out a post on American Mum that I need the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens and now I found a packaged deal used... The camera... with the kit lens...a 50mm f1.4 and the 50mm f1.8 ...the battery grip I want... 2GB Memory card All for $600. INSANELY cheap compared to what I would pay brand new... but do I need 2 cameras. I think not. Although Ive read its a good Idea for when you 'go pro' but 2 of the same cameras. Overkill. I could sell one. I don't know. But then I have to buy a flash too so with everything we'd be talking at least $1000.which I am currently poor and don't think I can justify buying all this to shoot a wedding for $100.I don't know! Plus Im really hesitant to buy used but I priced out and to buy all the stuff new would be $1300 so its really a good deal. And the darn person will not sell anything separately . I get it. It just sucks because Id really like to just buy the 2 lenses and battery grip. As for a flash Im thinking the Speedlite 580EX II but am not sure - Ive never used one before...is it hard...will it just confuse me more...But I figure I should get the good one and not have to update in the near future . If only I could find that used....or pay for it in USD. The price always looks much better in that currency.lol.

On a side note- Kolby is cruising around the house on his spider man bike with his scooby doo suitcase hooked on to the back and wheeling behind him. pretty cute. Other than now hes stuck between the couch and coffee table. Oh wait. That's cute too. Meanwhile Kyler is 'driving' the remotes with motor sounds across the coffee table. Doodle Bops are on and the boys are in their Jammies/ in a diaper so I should go get organized now that Ive blown the better part of my morning slacking. I have to phone around about camera stuff too - I HATE HATE HATE the phone. It drives Tyson nuts but I cannot stand talking on the phone...I guess he could be the man complaining his wife never gets off the phone- he would LOVE that too!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Just a thought - the battery grip is awesome. But I'd put the priority in a lens and a flash. The flash makes all the difference. And I wouldn't bother getting both the 1.8 and the 1.4. They're basically the same thing. Good luck with your purchases!

Anonymous said...

Thanks ... I just couldnt believe that deal! I found a place that the Canon Speedlite 580EX II is $100 cheaper than the other stores Ive been to and the f1.8 is $30 cheaper so I think Im going to get those first. And what a price difference between the 1.4 and 1.8...I couldnt believe it!