Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Things my Mother never told me.

Are there any other mothers out there feeling cheated by this whole romantic idea of domestic bliss... you know... the 'happily ever after' that I'm sure we were all deluded enough to dream up when Prince charming was down on one knee... Only now 'Prince Charming' just spent a long day sick in bed while you spent 4.5 hours at the hospital with your 2 year old...Came home to clean up the mess that had accumulated while you were gone... took care of 2 sick children and one perfectly healthy trouble maker... made supper... gave medications... got Jammie's... broke up fights... took away toys... sent boys for timeouts... tried to calm another down when he got so mad that it was bedtime and screamed/cried until he puked all over his bed... Got all that bedding changed... got him calmed down... gave him his inhaler... You put them to bed early thinking PLEASE GOD let them go right to sleep so I can finish this cleaning and park my rear on the couch for the rest of the night. FINALLY this day is over and I can relax.

Only to find Prince charming has miraculously awakened and beat you to the couch now that the children are all snug in their beds... and Hockey is on. GREAT.

Oh I could go on and on.What day is it today. Wednesday. Maybe I will need to start a whining Wednesday where I can throw a pity party once a week over all of the things that drive me crazy in my life. That sounds good. Because really. I could go on like this forever.

My Name is Mom. I'm not Elisha any more folks... I'm the cook... the maid... the doctor...the referee.. the carpenter... painter... landscaper...errand-runner...

That seems to be what it boils down to lately. Me... working my butt off and getting no appreciation or acknowledgement from my Mr. Happily Ever after.

Thank you God for this day... It was hectic and horrible... and now that it is over I can see that it helped me to appreciate all of the wonderful things that I have in my life and all of the great days I have been given...I have three BEAUTIFUL children who are all sleeping peacefully right now :) Is it wrong to want to strangle my husband even if he is sick? lol
Amen.

Good Night... I think I may need to have a hot bath and unwind a bit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great edit! Great colors