Friday, March 27, 2009

So Ive been meaning to take part in this for a couple weeks now and it just worked out that Im editing pictures today so I added this to my list. Over at I (heart) faces they have a weekly challenge where a bunch of people all edit the same photograph. Its fun to see all the different ideas and even more fun to learn how they did what they did. Head on over to http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com/ to check out the original and other peoples take on editing.
Heres the before:


Heres the after:


Okay I used photoshop CS3 ... Now to try and remember what I did. first I brightened it up using the histogram thingy. technical I know. Then I rotated and cropped...ran the unsharp mask and erased it everywhere but the hair and eyes... played with the saturation...ran the 'bring on the eyes' action that was a freebie from pioneerwoman.com... used the dodge brush a little on her hair and face... It took me maybe 5 minutes in all and I think it turned out pretty cute. Also dont take my word for it that that is everything I did. I dont have the best memory so Im hoping I didnt forget something :)

3 comments:

brionyskerjance said...

cool cropping...this is the first of seen like this. way to be original!

Through My Own Lens said...

WOO HOO! Glad you're playing too! This is from my photo blog...it's only my second week on I ♥ faces, and I'm already addicted!!! Go check out the upcoming challenges too...it's SO SO SO much fun!

Great edit too, BTW! TTYL!!!

-Chicago_Bull :-)

Shae said...

great job. i love the crop you did.